Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Three lines

Okay, so I will confess this post is waaaay overdue and has been in "draft form" for well over a month now. What can I say but, "we'z been busy." Anywho, if you can indulge me and let's pretend it's the end of December so the rest of this post will make sense. So, without further ado, here "it" is:


About three weeks ago Matt and I found out we were having a little girl. It sure is nice to have a mother-in-law who is a Sonographer for an OBGYN. Immediately upon finding out I was a mix of emotions and kind of just stared at the monitor trying to take the news in. You see, ever since we got pregnant this time I have told friends and family and anyone who would stand still long enough to hear that, "I know I am having a boy." I think I may have even used the phrase, "mother's intuition" a time or two. Matt would remind me that we have no evidence of this and to stop confusing people. I wouldn't hear of it, I was having a boy.
Why was I going around saying we are having a boy? Well, one reason I would tell people this is because I get to be a mother to one of the cutest little boys on the planet and everything in my life now says, "boy," the other reason was to protect my heart.
Ever since losing Dabney my heart has ached to have a little girl. In fact, it took me until the end of my pregnancy with Mac to even think "I am having a boy" without grieving. Of course, after Mac came into our lives (and arms), we have rejoiced in this gift and and continue to give thanks for his good health and sweet spirit. God's gracious healing has allowed us to truly relish each stage of our boy's life and we are grateful beyond measure for what we have been given, but there is still a sadness that lingers. So often I am reminded of the loss of our first born and how Mac will never know his older sister on this earth. I have longed for him to have a sister and selfishly for us to have a daughter. All that being said, we rejoice (I confess, with some trepidation) in the news that we are expecting a little baby girl this Spring and are praying for good health and safe delivery. We implore you to pray with us and covet these prayers.
Thank you for your patience; I have been meaning to post this for a while, but it took me a long time to get everything written out. Now for a name...any suggestions?

The little girls' scan at ~14 weeks.
If you look closely, the arrow is pointing to
the "three lines" that  shows her "girly parts." 
Confirmation at 20 weeks. Good grief, this one ain't shy. 

Little girl wave. 

No comments: