Saturday, July 09, 2011

Things I am loving right now

10. My Slick Slate nail polish by Sally Hansen. 
I am obsessed with  love shoes. However, my budget doesn't allow for buying every cute shoe I lay my eyes on (oh, cruel world). What I used to do (in the days of two full-time incomes) is get stuck on a particular color and buy shoes only in that shade. Last year it was purple: purple flats, purple kicks. But no more...
Since it is summer and I am wearing more open-toed shoes (alternating flip-flops) I found a new, less expensive way to add color: nail polish. Here is the latest color I can't get enough of. I know, it's purple.








9. Our video monitor.
I love, love, love watching our little man eat, jump, smile, laugh, sleep...pretty much do anything. I find myself "checking on him" constantly during naps and throughout the night with this handy dandy little gadget. I am so thankful we have it.

8. Podcasts.
If you like "free" and "entertaining" you will like This American Life (TAL). I faithfully upload it every Monday to the ole iPod. What is TAL, exactly you ask? Well, in the words of show's host, Ira, "Each week [they] choose a theme and bring you 4 stories on that theme." The themes range from serious to to just plain fun. One week you can hear a show dedicated to the war in Afghanistan and the next week TAL is covering stories about The Georgia Rambler (Charles Salter, a journalist for the Atlanta Journal in the 1970s). This past week's show was one of my favorites about prison inmates performing Shakespeare's Hamlet. Download it today - it's free!

7.Our new fridge.
This week our hand-me-down refrigerator finally kicked the bucket. I knew this day was coming and inwardly groaned when, on Wednesday morning I pulled out the ice trays to find little pools of water instead of ice. Matt busted his butt to unload the fridge, pass the perishing food onto friends, get a temporary replacement from a friend looking to send their old fridge to a good home, and price new refrigerators. All in one day. Did I marry an amazing man or what?
So now, we have this baby, and although I cringe at the money we had to put into replacing our little fridge that, well, couldn't, I am enjoying our new shiny model.



6. My jogging stroller.
It's light weight and Mac loves being strolled in it. Best Craigslist purchase.

5. Our Apple TV.
This was not something that was on my radar, but was a must have of Matt's and I must admit I am loving it. We can access play-instant Netflix movies and listen to our iTunes library through our television. The possibilities seem endless.
4. Our French Press.
I will let Modern Family's Manny sum this one up: 
Jay: Want some coffee?
Manny: Say yes. It's french press. I was doubtful too, but I honestly can't see myself going back to drip.
Couldn't have said it better myself.




3. My two favorite children's authors.
Margaret Wise Brown - A favorite of mom's Mac's book collection. "In The Runaway Bunny...bunny mother acts as does God in Psalm 139." 



Sandra Boynton - I mean you have to be a creative genius to come up with lines like
"With a NEIGH and a MOO and a COCKADOOLEDOO another little promenade two by two!"
(is it pathetic that I could write that from memory?)


2. My summer reality.
Each summer there is a reality contest show I follow faithfully each week from June until August and much to Matt's horror, talk about non-stop. Last summer it was So You Think You Can Dance, but that was then. This summer, that show is Food Network Star. This show is full of things I can't get enough of: food, Food Network folk, and DRAMA. I am not sure who I want to win, but I know who I don't want to win - Penny. That woman is a hot mess. Seriously. I would never watch her Food Network show, but every show needs it's drama queen. Whatever. I'm over it. 



1. Our litte guy. 
We cannot get enough!




















More 7 month pics to come!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Margaret Wise Brown also did another amazing book I love,The Scarcrow Boy!!