Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Unless it kicks, man.

Matt and I went to get a 3D/4D ultrasound of Dabney today. After preparing (2 gallons of water daily for the past 2 weeks...sheesh), I felt ready. Emphasis on "felt." Those of you who know me at all will probably nod when I say, "I am a bit...scattered at times." We showed up for our 1pm appointment promptly at 1:30pm. This was after I called to confirm the time twice in the past two days. I'm getting more scattered as the days go by. Despite my lack of timeliness (I understand that has something to do with the 4th "D"), all went well and the sonographer was able to do a complete ultrasound for us.

I don't know if it was the rockin' concert we attended last night (The Decemberists at the Tabernacle - hands down, amazing!) or the OJ I drank before the appointment, but Dabney was a very interactive baby. The sonographer could even feel her kick and punch. She was doing moves and stretches the entire time but always made sure to face the camera. She was such a good little girl that she made the "front board" in the office. There were only about a dozen babies on the front board and our sonographer has been doing multiple ultrasounds a day for the past 20 years...the selection process is very difficult I assure you.

I just cannot wait to meet her! Enjoy the pics...I know there are a lot...she gave us 98!

Get a load of those cheeks! I just wanna touch 'em!

She's very scruntched in there.

I'm beginning to sound like those vain parents who say things like, "Ours is the most beautiful baby ever," or "You can't understand love until you have children." Hyperbole is of course intended here, but I hope you get the picture.

Open mouth...one of her few tricks given her spatial and socio-linguistic limitations.

OK, here's the only "scarey" part for me...she's huge-ish. Around the 75 percentile of weight-for-age. Gotta admit this makes a momma nervous.
Good night, little one. I can't wait to hold you.

2 comments:

CharCof said...

Jamie! I am so excited!!! I can't wait to hold her and love her! Hope all is going well!!!

ashley said...

Can we have another belly pic, please? (like week #24)